UNIX System Administration CS 183 Spring 2008
All topics will be examined in the context of best available practices.
- Unix environment: Unix commands, piping and redirection, filesystem and process management.
- Operating System: installation, kernel recompilation, and configuration of a Linux distribution.
- User management: adding and removing accounts, and controlling resource access.
- Networking: the TCP/IP protocol stack, routing, security issues, firewalling and load balancing.
- Network services: DNS, web, web cache, email, NFS, NIS, database, and authentication services.
|Topics||Work Due (Fri)|